Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Waht are your favorite kind of rodents?

I like Gerbils because they are so curious and like to burrow. What is your favorite kind and why?Waht are your favorite kind of rodents?
I'm slightly obsessed with Capybara- partly because they are just ridiculously huge, but partly because of a story I heard.





Apparently, when Catholic missionaries were first getting set up in South America, they were having trouble catching enough fish during lent, so they asked the pope to declare the capybara a fish (since it lives in the water and is much easier to catch). I don't know if that's true or not, but it makes me smile whenever I think about it.Waht are your favorite kind of rodents?
I like bunnies because they are just so fun to watch not to mention they love to cuddle
Rats (domesticated) because they love people so much and are extremely forgiving and sweet %26lt;3.
If I was forced to own a rodent (I wouldn't have one unless I was forced) it would have to be a hamster. At least they are cure and cuddly.
I think chipmunks are really cute...
hamster, coz its cute
the ones in a cage
Guinea pigs are adorable. They are a mix between a hamster and bunny. More active than a rabbit, and more docile than a hamster... thus, there's the mouse like cuteness of the hamster, and the calmness while being held of a rabbit.... Not to mention their adorable little sounds. So cute....





Dwarf hamsters are also adorable too. I own 6 little guys and all are friendly, never biting and happy jumping into my hands when offered.
I have had mice, dormice, hamsters (4 species), guinea pigs, rabbits, hedgehogs, gerbils, dugues, and chinchillas.


I would have to say my favorite is the chinchillas, but then, they are not for everyone.


As for the best of the smaller, shorter lived rodents, I will go with gerbils. They are really the best in their class, once they are tamed and bonded to you. I had a little female (Peanut), who was raising a litter while I was gone out of town for an extended period. After 6 weeks, I came home, spoke her name as I opened her cage, with her and the babies inside, and she jumped into my hand! She was a really sweet animal.
I just love rats, because they are so pretty and cute and also extremely clever. I love their graceful shape and trembly little whiskers.

No comments:

Post a Comment