Friday, February 12, 2010

Are rodents like rats and mice truly intelligent?

My few months old fancy mouse comes to you whenever you call her name.








Are rodents like rats,mice etc smart?Are rodents like rats and mice truly intelligent?
Yeah, they are pretty smart. My rats come to me when I call them for treats, and run away when I tell them its time to go back in the cage. I've taught one of mine to sit up and jump on command. I've been training rodents for a while, and for having such small brains they are surprisingly intelligent. I've never worked with mice, but I have with guinea pigs, hamsters, and fancy rats. The rats have been the most intelligent.


I would imagine rats and mice have been bred in labs and in captivity for so many generations for qualities such as timidity, quietness, and cleverness that they differ from wild rats as dogs are to wolves.


Anyway enjoy your mouse :) and there are lots of sites online that say how to teach your rodent tricks. It always impresses people who have never had a rodent as a pet.Are rodents like rats and mice truly intelligent?
Watch Stewart Little and you'll get your answer.... the little guy drives a car!!.

No comments:

Post a Comment