Friday, February 12, 2010

Why do people keep rodents as pets? isnt it cruel to keep an animal in a little cage?

i think it should be banned. it is animal cruelty, why do people do that?Why do people keep rodents as pets? isnt it cruel to keep an animal in a little cage?
of course its not. its the same as keeping a dog in a backyard just in a different scale,larger animal larger space, and same with horses. as long as you take the animal out of this space every so often, then no is notWhy do people keep rodents as pets? isnt it cruel to keep an animal in a little cage?
I think it would be even more cruel to let a pet that small to wander around and find ways to get hurt. Keeping it in a luxurious cage with fun wheels, tubes and the all they can eat buffet is a much better, and safer, life.





If you were given a large house with a constant caretaker to clean the house and manage your health needs, endless food supplies, your favorite hobby items, and never having to work or pay a bill again for the rest of your life, wouldn't you be happy? It's about the same for them.





Though, I'm not sure why anyone would purposely keep a rodent as a pet. They're vile nasty little creatures, in my own opinion. But, to each their own.
as long as you frequently take the rat out of the cage and not put the rat in the cage all the time,I see no point in what you're saying.





Why do we keep birds in cages?That's more appropriate.Birds are meant to fly away.not caged.in rodents,i understand the need of cages as a home but on birds...i pity them...
Well,I wouldn't keep a rodent in a small cage.It would however have to be in a cage,just not a small one it would be huge.take up half of my room and have lots of tunnels.


But I'll never own a rodent.=)






I had a pet mouse once, but I saved it from the lab at my college. I think him living in a cage (a very luxurious cage at that), was a much nicer alternative to being a test subject.
not if you love and care for it. As long as you hold it a lot and give it lots of little treats. If you ever owned one then you would know that it can be the luxury life for them.
My rat has a huge cage made for large rabbits.








He looks like a baby in that thing. %26gt;3
wuts the difference between that and keeping a cat in the house all the time?
Not if you have a mouse wheel, and tubes

No comments:

Post a Comment