Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Do cats and dogs really work in eliminating rodents from the home?

Yes they do. A particularly good animal for pest control, however, is the ferret - rodents won't come anywhere near an area where there is one. An alternative to predators as pest control is a plug in device that emits a sound that rodents and certain insects don't like, it's inaudible to the human ear but works a treat on pests.Do cats and dogs really work in eliminating rodents from the home?
Yes! We had a female spayed black cat and she was a mass murder of the small, furried and feathered. She kept the house mouse population down as well as the field mice, birds and even a duckling! She was a good hunter and I miss her so much!!!!





I had a german shepard dog who use to catch and kill mice too. Terriers are execellent mouseing dogs.Do cats and dogs really work in eliminating rodents from the home?
Yes When I had cats they used to chase the mice I could hear them at night.
Yes cats really work, didn't you know they love to kill and eat rodents. I am not sure about dogs, they really dont like to eat rodents much, but I think puppies might try to catch them.





When our cat got ran over, we started to get rats around our house, but when we have a cat we never have any rats or stuff.
Cats do. Cats love to catch and eat mice and rats. One of my cats loves to go in to the attic and get the bats there. Dogs will chase bigger prey off the property including other dogs.
yes, bugs too.
yes.
ya kno, it really depends on the animal. most cats, and some dogs will catch yer mice, but a lazy cat will not, and dogs arent a gaurentee...
my dogs caught about four mice in our house if that counts.
cats do sometimes





spoiled cats might not





we got a big tough homeless cat a few years ago





Not even one mouse or rat in the house since





when he was allowed in the basement he got at least 2 rats per day, the ones I found.





The neighborhood has fewer too I think. He is very big and very fast and healthy.





He is nice and we love him too.
yes and if not completely they help
There's not a lot of ';work'; involved. Dogs and cats are natural enemies of rodents, and when they sense cats or dogs around, they don't come around.
i know that cats would, they will hunt anything, idk about dogs tho, they might or might not.
I have 2 cats, 2 dogs %26amp; 2 snakes. Mice don't live long in my house. In fact, mice don't live long NEAR my house because my cat is a hunter extrodinare.





He catches them %26amp; eats them and leaves nothing for me to deal with except the liver and other things he finds unsavory so he actually pulls those parts out before eating the rodent. Watched him do this last night. He's AMAZING!





This cat has also been known to catch humming birds and anything really that moves in my yard. :)
yes they do before i had a dog and cat i had rats every winter but now i dont
Worked for my parents who live out in the country. For years they had problems with mice until they got a few indoor/outdoor cats. Now instead of a year round problem they only catch a few in their traps in the fall.
Cats usually kill any small rodents they find. Dogs may just annoy them until they leave :)

No comments:

Post a Comment