Friday, February 5, 2010

Ever heard of home owners policy covering damage caused by rodents?

rats actually chewed a hole in my water line under the house causing damage to my floors.Ever heard of home owners policy covering damage caused by rodents?
you would have to check yuor home owener to see if you are cover, most of the time you are not. you just have to fix it then eat it . find were they geting in and fix the hole . so they stay out.Ever heard of home owners policy covering damage caused by rodents?
I would check your home owner's policy or contact your Ins. agent. To prevent this from happening again, Try,and I say Try to rat proof your house. I think for future prevention,I would get a cat or two. My house was infested with mice at one time because it was winter and I live in the country.They came in to get warm. A couple of weeks after I got my cat-no more mice.Not even in the attic where the cat has never been.I guess the mice sensed the cat and went to some-one else's house. Good Luck
You are not alone in asking this question. According to a survey conducted by National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC), 31% of homeowners believe that damage caused by household pests, such as rats, mice, termites, and ants is covered by homeowners insurance. This is incorrect. Pests are so widespread and cause so much damage that private insurance companies cannot afford to insure against the losses they generate. You have to be vigilant in controlling infestations of pests.

No comments:

Post a Comment