Sunday, February 7, 2010

What are the average prices of rodents?

I've looked all over the web but can not find the average price of a rodent! I want to know the average price of a guinea pig, rat, mouse, and gerbil! Best answer 10 points!!!What are the average prices of rodents?
Well when I bought my 2 rats (you should get more than one, they like companions and can get depressed), it cost about $150 something (or it might have been closer to 190...) for just the initial set up (rats, 20 gallon cage, food bowls, 1 wheel, a little house, water bottle, and some food). 2 rats can only stay in a 20 Gallon for the first month or 2 of their life, cuz they get big. So then I spent $90 on a 3 story cage (they get big and need a lot of room). Plus I spend on average, 50-90 a month on toys, bedding, and new food everymonth. They need a special diet of grains as well as a good staple protien with fruits and veggies for them to be happy and healthy. Plus one of my rats came down with pneumonia (recently) and I had to dish out $140 worth of vet bills.








My gerbils (also get 2 of them), were about the same to set up, but dont have that much up-keep...fresh shavings and a bag of food.





The rats themselves...together I think were 20 or 25, the gerbils, a little less.What are the average prices of rodents?
Petco Rat $5
6-50 dallars
We just bought a Fancy Mouse at Pet Smart for 5.99. The gerbils were 9.99 I believe.
$ 5-15 for all
Average price of a guinea pig is 30-40$ for the animal itself





Rats cost 2-3$ and so do mice.





Gerbils are about 10$ on average
guinea pig around $25-30. Gerbil $10-15. Rat somwhere around the price of a guiea pig.
It depends on the species of rodent, gender of rodent, and where you buy them.





My female mice were somewhere between 2-3 dollars, luckily for me I've gone to that petstore so many times that he gave me them for free. I've seen male fancy mice anywhere from 2 to 6 dollars. Guinea pigs anywhere from 8 to 20 dollars. Gerbils 2 to 7 dollars, same with hamsters. Rats 6 to 15 dollars. Chinchillas 15 to 40 dollars. Look around at your local stores, I shop at about 4 differen't stores and each price differently.
at the pet store around here, Michigan, umm about 35 for guinea pigs, no more than 7 for all the different hamsters( syrian or dwarf), and no more than 10 for any rats rats(fancy, dumbo)


gerbils are like 8 and mice are like 3
Guinea pigs are 32.99 each at petco if you get them out of the paper the are around 10.00 each. just depends on were you buy them. i just bought two from petco

No comments:

Post a Comment