Friday, February 5, 2010

Is there a poison that will kill rodents, but not harm my dogs?

My neighbor has rats in their backyard and I am looking for something to keep them away from my yard. But I want don't want to harm my two labs. My labs enjoy chasing and barking at them, but I can't stand the sight of them!Is there a poison that will kill rodents, but not harm my dogs?
I'm sure that your dogs will keep the rats away while they are about, but rats are rats. Be sure food, birdseed holders and other garbage sources are kept to a bare minimum. I wouldn't try poison, no matter what a salesperson guarantees. If you have access to ferret litter, it could be placed around the boundary. I think the rats will leave in fear of a notorious enemy. I know ferrets are great mousers.Is there a poison that will kill rodents, but not harm my dogs?
I've had mice in my greenhouse - I don't like to use poisons at all, so found some killer mousetraps at the hardware store. They also have a bigger version for rats. The good thing about this is that you don't have bodies melting in wall cavities ! The bad thing is having to dispose of the bodies. . . .I'm sure you could position them so as the dogs won't be caught up by accident.
I have 2 labs also, I would let the dogs keep them away.
To be sure about this issue, contact the store and ask if the poison works only on rats. They distribute it so they are the best persons to inform u as to the likelihood of it affecting other animals including dogs.
in simple terms there are no poisons that will kill rats that also will not harm your dogs.





it is possible to use small doses that will only get your dogs sick, but should your dog locate more then one dose the dog will die as well.





i dislike the use of poison to kill common house pests. its not only a lack of judgement, but it is also the most horrible death you could possibly imagine. use traps, sticky traps are the best in my book, easy to conceal as well. and should your dog get into it, its not going to kill them.





your welcome to contact me for more information

No comments:

Post a Comment