Sunday, February 7, 2010

Can my rodents travel with me or must i leave them behind?

I live in Pretoria and plan on moving to Cape Town in the near future. I have 3 rodents, a mouse, a Syrian hamster and a dwarf hamster. Can the rodents go on a plane to the Cape with me or is it too dangerous for such small animals to fly. I love them dearly and dont want to leave them behind, but I wont put them in a dangerous situation.Can my rodents travel with me or must i leave them behind?
You can take them, so long as you make sure that you follow all of the laws according to the area. Some areas outlaw hamsters, so you need to make sure they'd be legal, and since there's some diseases transmitted then you would need vet statements and they may have to go through a quarantine depending on laws.





They can handle it, but it may not be allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment