Friday, February 5, 2010

How do I overcome my fear of birds, rodents, and sometimes cats?

Hi,


I really have a problem with holding animals that really scratch or bite, and sometimes react easily to little sounds or movements, such as cats, rodents, and especially birds (because they are unpredictable and they move their wings a lot). I don't meant that I don't like these animals, on the contrary, I really like them a lot I just kind of have a fear of holding them. Please help me


Thanks!How do I overcome my fear of birds, rodents, and sometimes cats?
Well you dont really ever need to hold any of these animals but my suggesstion is to take things slow. Maybe learning about the animal. Then Getting near them. After a while where your more comfortable being around them have someone with you and touch the animal maybe pet it a few times now and then. It then wont be long till yourll have the strenght to hold one. Its really not that bad, some might scratch you a little they might be scared too but it doesnt hurt. Good luck.How do I overcome my fear of birds, rodents, and sometimes cats?
hello...ok i have a good idea ...try wearing some leather gloves..that way you will not feel biting or scratching also wear long sleeves. also .thier are special ways to hold animals when holding a bird hold from behind gently encase the wings together with the feet and tail like you are going to bowl a ball of course your not that way you are free of the beak area and the bird cannot move .cats well even though all animals can tell nervousness from humans cats are probably the most reactive and can hide away from you or not want to be touched because of your fear.. rodents well give them a miss unless you mean the pet ones.. use gloves also on cats and rodents love your pets stay calm pet them in a nice quiet place away from other distractions love your animalsxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment